Monday, November 9, 2009

A Howard Pyle Blog

As I say in my profile, I avidly collect the work of Howard Pyle (1853-1911), the great American artist, author, and teacher. But that’s only a slender part of my Pylomania. I also seek out information - even seemingly meaningless or useless factoids - about his life, his family, his art school, his working and teaching methods, as well as copies of his correspondence, sketches, drawings, paintings, photographs, books, magazines, prints, ephemera and esoterica - pretty much any and every kind of tidbit that has something to do with him. So, to justify my existence and my obsession, I’ve started this blog to share some of what I’ve learned and accumulated.

3 comments:

Children's books about nature said...

Its my pleasure to share this blog Children's books about nature to the young ones and to all my friends. Because it inspires a lot of people. Especially those who love arts and books.

Children books said...

A Howard Pyle Blog is such a nice blog.very informative.

Gentle Jones said...

this is a magnificent blog. i am from delaware and a big fan of pyle. i only have one of his works hanging but i have quiteba few of his book and appreciate his talent as an illustrator immensely

cheers